So you are interested in serving as a GRTL Chapter Leader?
Before we move forward, I think it is important for you to know a little bit more about Georgia Right to Life (GRTL) Chapters and what is involved in being a Chapter Leader.
First, GRTL's purpose is to engage in actions that will restore respect and effective legal protection for all human life from earliest biological beginning until natural death. To accomplish this goal, we work in the following 3 areas: education (about 90% of what Chapters do), legislation, and political action. There are 2 websites that can better inform you as to how this fleshes out. I highly recommend you investigate - www.grtl.org and www.personhood.net.
- the backbone of GRTL and the pro-life movement.
- where the pro-life movement succeeds or fails.
- what enables GRTL to reach the local pro-life citizen.
- a visible presence in the local community.
- where members and nonmembers alike are educated on the issues.
- VITALLY important! and so are the people who lead them.
Whether you are called President or Leader, you are the one who is at the heart of your local chapter. You join together with other committed individuals in your community and others who lead local GRTL Chapters to create the “grassroots” organization upon which GRTL depends. There are only 6 requirements to be a Chapter of GRTL which I have attached.
Before we proceed any further, based on Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 which says 'Two are better than one.....a threefold cord is not quickly broken', I ask that you find at least 2 other people who will commit to come along side you in this effort and pray for you and the Chapter and help you in any other way necessary. In addition to prayer, you need someone who can be your computer/website/database person.
Once you have your team in place, we can have a meeting announcing your Leadership of the --------- County Chapter of GRTL. You would just need to find a place and GRTL will provide a speaker and resources. If you and whoever will have access to the list will sign the attached Confidentiality Agreement and return it, we will also send you a list of those in our database in -------- County, so you can personally invite them to attend the meeting.
If you agree with our purpose, and are willing to meet the Chapter requirements, the basic steps to starting a Chapter are as follows:
- Fill out the Volunteer Leader application.
- Find at least 2 like minded people who will commit to pray for you and the Chapter and are willing to come along side of you help in any other way needed.
- Review the requirements to be an active Chapter of GRTL.
- Sign and return the Confidentiality Agreement (anyone who will have access to the list should also sign and return)
- Fill out the Chapter Registration and return with the annual dues.
- Find a place and time to host a meeting where GRTL provides a speaker and resources.
I realize this can all be a bit overwhelming, so if you have any questions or would just like to talk about all this, please don't hesitate to call me. I look forward to working with you!
Director of Chapter Development